It was on March 10, 1965 that a meeting of the pupils, admirers, and friends of Dr Satkari Mookerjee was held at the Mithila Research Institute, Darbhanga, under the chairmanship of Dr S. Bagchi, with a view to setting out a programme for felicitating him on the occasion of his 73rd birthday.
It was on March 10, 1965 that a meeting of the pupils, admirers, and friends of Dr Satkari Mookerjee was held at the Mithila Research Institute, Darbhanga, under the chairmanship of Dr S. Bagchi, with a view to setting out a programme for felicitating him on the occasion of his 73rd birthday. The following persons were present :
1. Dr S. Bagchi, Director, Mithila Research Institute, Darbhanga.
2. Dr Jatil Kumar Mookerjee, Professor of Philosophy, Presidency College, Calcutta.
3. Dr N. Tatia, Director, Jaina Institute, Vaishali. 4. Professor R. K. Choudhary, Vice-Principal, G. D. College, Begusarai,
5. Dr M. L. Goswami, Lecturer, Mithila Research Institute, Darbhanga. 6. Professor O. P. Jaiswal, Lecturer in Ancient Indian Culture, J. D. College, Begusarai.
7. Dr Parashuram Upadhyaya, Senior Research Fellow, U. G.C., Nalanda Institute, Nalanda.
It was unanimously resolved to present a Felicitation Volume to Dr Satkari Mookerjee in deep appreciation of his immortal contributions in all the major branches of Indological studies. The meeting further decided to constitute & broad-based Committee of teachers, educationists and lovers of India's cultural and spiritual heritage for the purpose of giving a concrete shape to the aforesaid resolution. With this end in view. & Committee consisting of myself as Chairman and D: S. Bagobi as Gerera! Secretary was formed and contacts with scholars of India and of foreign countries were established. Within the period of three months of the preliminary meeting, a full-fledged Committee was formed and contributions were invited from the eminent luminaries of the academic world for the Volume. The request met with spontaneous response. A list of the contributors has separately been appended to this Volume. While preparing the Volume, the difficulties that confronted me seemed insuperable. But thanks to the unstinted cooperation of my colleagues on the Committee, it has been possible to bring out the Felicitation Volume in time.
Finally, I am offering my sincere thanks to the proprietors of the Chowkhamba Sanskrit Series Office for their ungrudging and unsparing help in publishing the Felicitation Volume.
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend