The cow is called Aghnya in Veda and Purana literature. If we kill cow, definitely we have killed our mother. We had drunk milk of both and had grown. We should not damage or kill anyone if we are benefited by someone. This is the culture and tradition of our country. When we are benefited by the cows and her productions, we must express our gratitude by protecting them. We should not forget six points for banning cow-slaughter.
1. Spiritual injuries
2. When the Govt. is not ready to disfavor the Muslims, even though their religious constitution does not permit of support the cow-slaughter, why is it hurting the feelings and values of Hindus? The Govt. should protect feelings of Hindus also.
3. Retrograde drugs are scientifically made of much cheaper material than those manufactured by killing animals.
4. Financial benefit will be more protecting the cows and production of cows, not by slaughtering cows.
5. Gandhiji said Swaraj would be no swaraj without stoppage of cow slaughter.
6. Meat of cow is harmful for human health and it causes disease. The milk is medicine and Ghee is nectar.
When Draupadi was attacked by Dusshasana, Vidura alone protested the activities of Kauravas. With honoring his attitude, Lord Krishna entered the residence of Vidura and drunk a cup of milk. The Govt. may not consider Hindus’ requisition, but at least we should protest the policy of the Govt. In this background, Poornaprajna Samshodhana Mandiram organized the Conference on the theme of “Gaavo Vishwasya Maatarah (Cows are mothers of Universe)”. The present volume contains all research papers of eminent scholars.
The source of inspiration behind this useful venture is our founder H.H. Sri Sri Vishveshatirtha Swamiji. To him we owe all we have and all we shall have. How can we repay him for his support and encouragement except through our gratitude and Pranamas!
We are grateful to Prof. Radha Vallabh Tripathi, Vice-chancellor. Rashtriya Sanskrit Samsthan (Deemed University Samsthan, New Delhi for his anytime cooperation in all over venture.
I will be failing in my duty, if I do not express my thanks to Prof. R. Devanathan, Registrar of Rashtriya Sanskrit Samsthan, New Delhi for his anytime cooperation in all our venture.
I also thank Prof. D. Prahlada Char, Chairman, Poornaprajna Samshodana Mandiram Managing Committee, for his kind support in our academic activities.
I thank M/s Nandi Process who have printed neatly in a short span of time. I hope they extend the same co-operation in future also.
Art & Architecture ( कला एवम् वास्तुकला ) (690)
Ayurveda ( आयुर्वेद ) (1587)
Buddhist ( बौद्ध ) (554)
Chaukhamba | चौखंबा (3097)
Cinema (सिनेमा) (2)
Devi ( देवी ) (1286)
Dharmashastra ( धर्मशास्त्र ) (164)
Gita Press ( गीता प्रेस ) (771)
Hindu ( हिंदू धर्म ) (12572)
History ( इतिहास ) (5770)
Jeevani ( जीवनी ) (784)
Jyotish ( ज्योतिष ) (1237)
Kamasutra ( कामसूत्र ) (372)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend