For many years we have struggled with Sthira Dasha because it was found that if one followed what was advocated by many writers like Dr. B.V. Raman and others, many horoscopes would be without Brahma. Without Brahma the Sthira Dasha would not be applicable. It appeared odd because Sthira Dasha is a general dasha of Jaimini and should be applicable to all horoscopes. If it was not a general dasha then it would become applicable only to some horoscopes which satisfied the conditions given which were:
The method which we have rejected is:
1. Brahma had to be a planet in the visible half of a horoscope and
2. It should be in an odd rashi.
These two conditions are not generally satisfied in a majority of horoscopes. We corresponded with Iranganti Rangacharya and I asked how could these conditions be satisfied in majority of horoscopes and why a general dasha should thus be turned in a conditional dasha. Iranganti agreed with that Sthira Dasha would become a conditional dasha in these conditions but he had no clear solution to this problem. The problem was solved by a traditional Punjab astrologer who showed how he did Sthira dasha. He said he could demonstrate it on the spot then and there and he did it.
The Punjab astrologer's method:
1. Find out the strongest of the houses between the lagna and seventh house.
2. Find out the strongest of the lords of the sixth, eighth and the twelfth houses from the stronger of the houses between the lagna and the seventh houses.
3. Now among these planets exclude Saturn and never consider Rahu and Ketu because they have no place in the scheme of the calculation of graha and rashi bala scheme.
This method has been tried for nearly fourteen years by successive batches of astrology students of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan and here is the result of this research.
This book of Akhila Kumar, a teacher in the Institute of Astrology in the Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan opens out new dimensions in Jaimini astrology.
Your email address will not be published *
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend